Thursday, April 1, 2010

What to do first night?

Hello again everyone,





My wife and I will be arriving on July 5th at about 245 in the afternoon. I am trying to think of something that we can do that first night but want to take it a little easy before hitting the ground running the next day. I was thinking that maybe we could head to the Constitution if it is still open by the time we get to our hotel and check in and then head out. If it%26#39;s not open it%26#39;s not really a big deal we will just hit it another day. But if anyone has any suggestions for me on something to do that first night that would be awesome and I would really appreciate it. Thanks!



What to do first night?


I would try to enjoy Harborfest.



The USS Constitution will be having a Sunset Parade on the evening of the 5th.



http://www.bostonharborfest.com/concerts.html



http://www.bostonharborfest.com/



What to do first night?


Hi,





Where are you staying? I assume you are flying into Logan? So if your flight arrives at 2:45, you won%26#39;t get your luggage, get to the hotel, etc. until probably 3:30 or so.





If I were you, I%26#39;d freshen up, then take a walk over to Newbury St. and do some window shopping and browsing in the art galleries. Then, if the weather is nice, maybe stop at a cafe for some coffee or something and people watch. Then, go somewhere else for dinner.




IIRC, the last tour for the USS Constitution is at 3:30. There is little to no chance of making this unless your flight arrives early, you have no checked bags, and you don%26#39;t check into the hotel until afterward. So save it for another day - and it really is worth going on the tour.





You don%26#39;t indicate where you are staying, but for late afternoon/early evening you might check out the Holocaust Memorial, Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, then stroll into the North End for a lovely Italian dinner.




Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market is always a safe bet for casual, people watching, shop poking, dinner, snack, bar hopping nothing in particular evening. It will be hop hop hopping that night.



Where are you staying?



If you are in the Back Bay, Go up to the top of the Prudential Skywalk for a birdseye view of the city.



prudentialcenter.com/shop/shop_detail.php鈥?/a>



Newbury street is a good idea as well.




Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market was my first thought as well. I wouldn%26#39;t stress myself trying to see one of the ';major attractions'; like the Constitution right after I%26#39;ve checked into a hotel.




I agree with the others who say head to Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market. You can enjoy it at your own pace after a long day of traveling. There should be lots going on around there with the Harborfest going on. Enjoy.




You could take a harbor cruise ... then stroll over the the north end for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment