Saturday, April 3, 2010

Last minute road trip-30 years since I have visited

I am taking a last minute road trip with my sister and best friend of 45 years (since we were 5). We have chosen The Cape as our territory to explore but it%26#39;s been 25 years since I have been there. We are going to be spending the week of June 14th traveling the area. This trip is to be stress free with the freedom to explore the cape in a week. I am looking for suggestions on areas to explore to take in the local flavor but am concerned what accommodations will be available last minute. Should we perhaps land at two or three towns, a few days each? Also, I do love B%26amp;Bs but since there are three of us, accommodations seem to be a challenge so I am now seeking HELP!! Thanks!



Last minute road trip-30 years since I have visited


Check out the Tern Inn in West Harwich (www.theterninn.com). This is a convenient mid-Cape location, and the rates won%26#39;t break the budget. I%26#39;ve posted a review on Tripadvisor, with photos. We%26#39;ve stayed there often over the years, and the experience has been outstanding every time.





If I were you, I%26#39;d stay in one place, regardless of which location you choose, and make that home base -- otherwise you%26#39;ll spend too much time checking in, moving baggage, getting situated, etc. The Cape is small enough that you don%26#39;t need to pack up and move elsewhere every few days.





Take in a seal watch or whale watch. Check out what%26#39;s on stage at Harwich Junior Theatre (www.hjtcapecod.org). In Brewster, visit the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, the herring run and the historic fulling mill, and the Brewster Store. Be sure to have dinner at the Ocean House in Dennisport (and request a window table when you make reservations, so you can watch the surf while you have one of the best meals of your life). Pick up some goodies from Marion%26#39;s Pie Shop in Chatham and have breakfast on the beach. Explore the shops in Provincetown and play in the dunes.





Have fun!



Last minute road trip-30 years since I have visited


P.S. I just checked their online calendar for availability, and they have rooms %26amp; cottages open that week. (It%26#39;s still early in the season.) The cottages are lovely and would be a good choice for three people traveling together. Note that breakfast is included in the cost of the rooms at the inn, but not with cottages; however, the cottages have fully equipped kitchens and barbecue equipment.




There%26#39;s so many great things to see and do on the Cape. May I send you the title of a great guide book? Look in the upper right corner of your screen for a message.




CCC and ccrosner: You should just post information about your rental properties on the TA forum that%26#39;s for rental properties, time shares, etc. This is a new feature (this year) of TA. Just go to ';home'; and then type in ';forums'; and you%26#39;ll see it there.





I%26#39;m not sure if you can post information re: Private rentals but you could try. It seems that the Rental Property and Time Share Forum has plenty of visitors.





That way you wouldn%26#39;t have to go through all this silly subterfuge and intimations about ';guide books';, code words, messages and PMs etc. etc. etc. It might work better for you! And as this is a TRAVEL forum, the other site would be appropriate to post your information, as this one is not. Good luck!




Here%26#39;s the link to that forum:





tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10700-Timeshar…




To: always fussing, Don%26#39;t take a minute away from your quest to tell everyone that there is only one town on the Cape worth a visit.



We don%26#39;t have any weeks to rent on this site nor have we ever done so.



Since you object to any info that contradicts your bias I am indeed recommending a great guide book to certain posters that highlights the best of all the Cape towns. Imagine that. There%26#39;s something to be said for all of them.




ccccc.c.cc....: Your desperation is showing dear.....I don%26#39;t have the energy to re-post all your posts that demonstrated you trawling for tenants. Oh! I couldn%26#39;t do that again anyway, as TA has removed them all!!!! Why would they do that to your posts? Hmmmm.





You need to get rid of your realtor and use a reliable professional in Chatham to fill that week of July 5th. Good luck!




Fussy...I do so wish we could all co-exist without all of this bickering online.





Like CapeCodCharlie, I have NEVER sought to rent my house through TA whether on these posts or through private messaging. I%26#39;m sure you don%26#39;t believe that, but it%26#39;s true. I simply love Cape Cod, like you, and would like to help others plan great vacations for their families. I think the diversity of opinions and experiences is helpful to those who come on here.





If you really must know, my house is completely rented for the summer and has been since the end of January. And next year we are not planning to rent it at all.....so any of my suggestions to people will not be because I am %26#39;trawling%26#39;.





While I agree with you that realtors can be extremely helpful in finding rental properties, they are no longer the only game in town. And there are many lovely homes for rent that are only on the rental websites that I and others offer up here from time to time. People who don%26#39;t visit the Cape often are entitled to helpful information on all fronts. Let them decide which method is best, most convenient, safest.





But, please, Fussy....this is really getting tiresome. You offer very helpful information as do I, CapeCodCharlie, Yellowbyd, Will, LovetheCape, etc. And while I don%26#39;t always agree with the above posters, I don%26#39;t take pot shots at everything they say because I respect them and know that the more the merrier when it comes to offering advice.





And now I am going for a nice, relaxing, warm walk in Brewster!




And I just back from yoga in Chatham.





I wish it were true that homes have not been offered for rental here, but you know that is simply Not True.





I%26#39;ve found such posts and I have received pm%26#39;s from people asking about the reliability of a specific house, comments about its pricing, its location, its owner, etc. I think that%26#39;s outrageous and an abuse of this forum.





I would ask that the intelligence of those regularly posting here be respected and if one wishes to make a buck on their rental properties, they simply do it in an open, honest, appropriate way. TA has provided such a venue it seems and that%26#39;s where you should both go with your rental needs and information.




OK all...group hug...Sambuca for the bar...isn%26#39;t it great it%26#39;s Summer on the Cape finally. God our Spring is always so messy. ;) Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment