Saturday, April 3, 2010

Omni Parker House vs Lenox

My wife and I and 9 yr old daughter are coming to Boston for July 4th to 8th. We would like to focus on historical touring as my daughter just studied early American history. My wife has never been to Boston either so we may want to do other things like Cambridge, etc. and we all like good restaurants. We will also probably be trying to walk to a location to see fireworks on the 4th (maybe the Longfellow bridge as some have suggested). TA posters seem to like the Lenox a lot, but it seems to me that staying nearer to the Freedom Trail in the Omni would be better than out near Copley Place in the Lenox for our purposes. If the prices are about the same (Lenox slightly higher) does it make sense to stay nearer the Freedom Trail in the Omni?



Omni Parker House vs Lenox


You%26#39;ll be fine at either location. Boston is quite compace and easy to get around either by foot or MBTA (public transporation). Please note that the Longfellow bridge which has often been recommended as a viewing spot for the 4th of July will be off limits this year due to repair work.



Omni Parker House vs Lenox


My vote goes to the Omni and here%26#39;s why:





1. lower price



2. close proximity to Freedom trail



3. 1 mile walk to Longfellow Bridge for fireworks



4. two blocks to Park St T station to catch Red Line into Cambridge



5. short walk to Faneuil Hall




typo - long hot day in a school which has no airconditioning -- compace= COMPACT




okay. Scratch my #3 (thanks Mahj). You still might consider trying to get some space along the Charles, but get there early...really early.




Both are nice but I would also go with The Parker House. I like this area better than Boylston and Exeter. Good luck in your choice.




Roach, where did you find that the Lenox is slightly higher in price than the Omni?, all my searches indicates the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment