Thursday, April 8, 2010

Boston to Montreal - UK traveller help! (Visa Waiver)

Hey. I hope someone can help me here!





I will be travelling to Boston from the UK. We%26#39;re staying for a few days before departing to Montreal, Canada. I%26#39;ll be spending a few days in Canada before entering the US again (Buffalo) to go to New York for the last few days of my trip.





I was wondering what happens with the I-94W forms? Should the portion thats stapled to my passport be surrendered at Boston airport, as I%26#39;ll technically be leaving the US? If so, does this happen at check-in or prior to boarding?





When I then return to the US (via bus probably) will I then have to fill in a new I-94W form, which is then surrendered when I depart back for the UK?





Or does the original I-94W form stay stapled in from when I first arrived in Boston?





I hope this makes sense, and someone can help me stop worrying!



Thanks



Boston to Montreal - UK traveller help! (Visa Waiver)


Hope this helps-



The Arrival-Departure Record, CBP Form I-94W (green form), must be completed by all nonimmigrant visitors seeking entry to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Applicants applying for admission to the United States using a Form I-94W are exempt from having a visa. Contact your travel agent, airline, or U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for more specific instructions regarding U.S. visa requirements.



In addition to the Form I-94 standard requirements, the Form I-94W includes specific questions related to inadmissibility issues. If the applicant answers “yes” to any of the questions on the reverse side of the Form I-94W, the applicant should contact the United States Embassy/Consulate in his/her country to obtain a visa prior to travel. The applicant must sign and date the Form I-94W, which indicates agreement to waive his/her right to a hearing before an immigration judge, if found inadmissible.





After the successful completion of processing the applicant, a CBP officer stamps the applicant’s arrival and departure portions of the completed Form I-94W, the passport and the CBP Declaration, Form 6509B. The CBP officer retains the arrival portion of the Form I-94W and returns the departure portion of the Form I-94W and passport to the applicant.





The departure portion of the Form I-94W and passport is to be in the applicant’s possession at all times until the applicant departs the United States. If an applicant boards a commercial conveyance to depart the United States, the transportation carriers are:







To remove the departure portion of the Form I-94W from the applicant%26#39;s passport.



Annotate the reverse of the departure portion of the Form I-94W with the facts of the applicant’s departure from the United States.



Return the departure portion of the Form I-94W to the nearest CBP office.



It is the applicant%26#39;s responsibility to make sure the transportation carriers collect the applicant’s departure portion of the Form I-94W. If an applicant departs the United States by way of land to Canada, it is the applicant%26#39;s responsibility to return the departure portion of the Form I-94W to a Canadian Official upon his/her departure. If an applicant departs the United States by way of land to Mexico, it is the applicant%26#39;s responsibility to return the departure portion of the Form I-94W to a U.S. CBP officer upon his/her departure.



Boston to Montreal - UK traveller help! (Visa Waiver)


Hi





We are from Australia and recently visited the USA and drove from Boston to Montreal crossing through one of the main borders. Australians are also not required visas to enter into the USA.





To be honest I can%26#39;t remember what they did at the border. All I do remember is them looking at our passports and then handing them back. We then came back through the border at Niagara Falls (with a not so friendly customs officer) but still had no problems and didn%26#39;t have to complete any other paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment