Thursday, April 8, 2010

Places to watch Celtics games?

The DW and I will be in Ptown next week. Will anyone care about the games? Better for a lesbian couple to go to The Pied, or a place like The Governor Bradford? (Last time I was in Ptown, the Bradford clientele had declined significantly than I last recalled...too bad because I loved that bar for backgammon.) Thanks!



Places to watch Celtics games?


There are two places I might recommend, either Good Times Pub (where Chasers use to be) or the Squealing Pig. Both have Boston sports on the TV when I%26#39;ve stopped by.



Places to watch Celtics games?


The hubby and I were just in Ptown this weekend wandering the streets looking for a place to watch the game. We were told to check out Bubala%26#39;s, which was indeed playing the game, but there were no seats at the bar. We went across the street to Enzo and asked if they would mind putting the game on. They obliged and we had the entire place to ourselves.



Also - we didn%26#39;t check it out but someone mentioned in a review of The Squealing Pig that he watched a world series game there, so we were considering that as a possibility.



Go C%26#39;s!




Hi QB: It%26#39;s going to be a great weekend up at the Cape. If you%26#39;re also looking for dinner suggestions, you might try Cafe Edwige on Commercial St. Fantastic.







http://www.edwigeatnight.com/home.html




Have the same question as the OP. My additional caveats: a) I am staying downtown without a car, so somewhere within walking distance or convenient to public transportation preferred and b) I am actually from LA, so someplace I can cheer not too obnoxiously for my Lakers w/o getting into a bar fight would be preferred :)




Ooops - I thought I was in the Boston forum, please disregard my previous post.




Thanks for the responses! Very helpful.





Hey there, fussy! Yes, we%26#39;ve been to Edwige many times and love it, but this year, it%26#39;s probably going to be out of our price range. Good reco!




In general I%26#39;ve found that nobody cares about the games, however usually if you ask nicely they%26#39;ll be happy to switch on to the game. I think (hope) the Finals will generate more interest. You may run into some trouble with the late start time of the finals - tipoff isn%26#39;t until 9:07 p.m.



A couple of other places you may try is the Wet Bar in the lobby of the Boatslip (they have a big screen)or the Top of the Lobster Pot.




My husband and I were in town last weekend. Friday night we were searching for a place to watch the game and we wandered into the Grotto Bar downstairs at Enzo. It was early and no one was there but they were happy to put the game on for us. Nice TV and had the place to ourselves. I also read here on Tripadvisor that someone watched a world series game at the Squealing Pig so we were going to check that out if we didn%26#39;t find something else. Bubala%26#39;s was showing the game that night as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment