Thursday, April 1, 2010

Any great restaurants in South End to celebrate anniversary?

I had posted before about restaurants in Boston to celebrate my wedding anniversary. I got some great responses. I live outside of Boston but have never been to the South End.





Are there any great restaurants in the South End that you can recommend for an anniversary? Something nice. It doesn%26#39;t have to be too stuffy. It will be on a Thursday night in 2 weeks.





Also, can you recommend some place nearby for a drink before dinner? Is the South End close to the Oak Room at the Fairmont? I love their bar for drinks? Thanks in advance!



Any great restaurants in South End to celebrate anniversary?


Hammersleys, Mistral, Oishii, or Icarus would be my picks. I%26#39;m also a big fan of Toro, which is more casual than any of these.





Depending on exactly where you end up, you can walk from the Oak Room to the South End in 10-15 minutes.



Any great restaurants in South End to celebrate anniversary?


Thanks Veronica. Which is your favorite out of all of these choices? Which is the least stuffy?




My favorites would be Mistral and Hammersleys (I%26#39;m not enough of a sushi fan to pay Oishii prices and I think Icarus, while solid, is kind of boring).





I don%26#39;t know about stuffy--I think your mileage may vary with that one. Icarus seems to me to be the most old-school and staid.




Hi Veronica, sorry to be a pest. Can you tell me what the differences are between Hamersley%26#39;s Bistro and Mistral? Thanks so much!




Hi Janie,





While all of the places mentioned are very good and represent some of the best in Boston, they have very different atmospheres.





If you want a loud, boisterous room with a lot of energy and a more casual feel, Hammersley%26#39;s is the place. If you want a more formal, more quiet atmosphere, where you will be able to hear each other talking without having to raise your voice, and you want fine tablecloths and fine china, etc, then I%26#39;d definitely suggest Icarus. The food is delicious at both places; I%26#39;d say Icarus is more ';romantic'; if I were to think about what a romantic restaurant is.




I would also consider Sibling Rivalry, which is not as high end as Mistral or Hammersley%26#39;s, but still elegant enough for a special meal. It%26#39;s on the same block as Hammersley%26#39;s. They have a nice cocktail menu as well. As for the Oak Bar, definitely a good choice for a pre-dinner cocktail, and a 5-10 minute walk to South End restaurants.





If you%26#39;re open to dining outside of the South End, Via Matta by the Park Plaza Hotel is also excellent. Top notch Italian food, great atmosphere and drinks. And also within walking distance of the Oak Bar.





www.siblingrivalryboston.com



www.viamattarestaurant.com


  • preventing blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment