Thursday, April 1, 2010

Overnight T Parking

My wife and I will be staying in Boston at the end of May. The B%26amp;B we are staying at charges $15 per night to park our car. Since Boston has a great transportation system I would rather park my car at a T stop and save a couple of bucks in parking.





Looking at the MBTA site it looks like I can park overnight at the Woodland stop on the Green line for only $4 a night.





Does this sound like a good plan?



Can I park overnight at Woodland?



We will be parking on a Friday. Will the lot be filled up with commuters if we arrive around 9 AM?



I%26#39;m thinking of purchasing a T Pass. Will I be able to purchase it at the Woodland station?





Thanks for your help!



Overnight T Parking


Are you only spending one night? Are you coming in from Mass Pike or from the south? My gut says that the lot will be full by 9 a.m. on a Friday.



I would call central parking and check on the rate. They say the daily rate is $4 and overnight parking is available. They may charge you for 2 days.



Central Parking(617) 695-6356



Overnight T Parking


Hi,





As far as purchasing the T pass, you can%26#39;t buy one at Woodland. You can only buy them at the large stations like North or South stations and a few others. Why not just buy it through their website. It%26#39;s free shipping. www.mbta.com




We will be coming up from CT (84 to Mass Pike) on a Thursday night and staying outside of Boston, possibly Waltham. That way we can spend our first day in Boston rather than traveling. We will stay in Boston Friday and Saturday night and leave on Sunday.





I went to the MBTA site and it looks like I can only purchase a Monthly Pass online.




$15 is a great deal for parking. Most hotels charge in the $30 or $40 range. For two nights I think I would just go with the hotel.




I agree. For $15, why drive yourself crazy.




Yep, leave it to the MBTA to make everything confusing and inconvienent. You can call 1-877-927-7277 to order one with a credit card.




You can buy a weekly (or monthly) pass at any T station, from one of the kiosks.




Yep, Veronica is right. Any kiosk at any station will have them. My bad.




r_date, I would think about what you plan to do when you are here and how many times you think you will be on the T.





A weekly pass will be $15 apiece, while a single ride is $2 a piece. For two nights, a weekly pass might not be as cost-effective as just buying a stored value ticket.




If you are staying in Waltham, how do you plan to get from the T to the B%26amp;B? I agree with the previous poster that overnight parking is probably considered %26#39;2 days%26#39; so that%26#39;s $8. Can you walk from Woodland to the B%26amp;B in Waltham? How much time do you want to spend to save $7 dollars. If you need a bus, that too, will cost $$ and cut your savings even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment