Monday, December 12, 2011

Go Boston Pass

Has anyone bought one of these passes and if so how many days and was it worth it??



Go Boston Pass


Many visitors find the Go Boston cards useful and save them money. Do a search in this forum typing %26#39;Go Boston%26#39; and dozens of posts will come up telling what people thought of it. I would just caution you to check out the sites covered and see what things on the list you may or may not want to do before committing to a number of days or if you should buy the pass. Then try to add up what it would cost without the pass to go to those sites on your own. See if it would work for you.





My own opinion I would only get the pass for 1 or 2 days so as not to be tied down into the thought process that I would have to see and do things on the Go Card to get my moneys worth. I personally would like the flexibility to change what I want to see and do if something comes up that is interesting.



Go Boston Pass


Like Sedum said, you need to get a ';must see/do list'; together and see if you can save money using the card. The answer is usually yes. It then comes down to how many days you%26#39;ll need the card. No need to buy it for more days than you%26#39;ll need to see what you want to see. It is definitely a card for people on the ';GO';. Sometimes, like Sedum says, you can get tunnel vision into wanting to use it ';everywhere'; just to insure your saving money. That%26#39;s the only downside, since Boston is one of those wonderful ';wing it'; cities to feel free to do what you want, when you want to.




After much debate and deliberation I chose not to purchase the Go Boston Pass. It had lots of good things on it - things that I plan on doing. The problem was I couldn%26#39;t figure out how to make it work with the itinerary I had planned without having to buy a multi-day pass. The savings just didn鈥檛 add up for me. (Perhaps if I was more flexible in my itinerary it would be easier, but I鈥檓 planning to pack a lot into my days in Boston!) :D



I did however request the BOSTON USA Specials card which offers some discounts I can use. The best thing about this card is they are FREE! For a complete list of what it offers and to request one you can go to their website www.bostonusa.com




thanks guys for your info, will have to have a sit and think bout what we want to do ... oh the decisions....


  • the bees
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment