Monday, December 12, 2011

Cab fair from Downtown to Quincy?

How much would I be looking at for two people? Probably gonna just take the red line and do some walking, but I know my traveling companion would probably prefer a cab.



Cab fair from Downtown to Quincy?


Just a ballpark figure here but, I%26#39;d say around $20.



Cab fair from Downtown to Quincy?


With all respect, no-no-no-no. It depends a lot on where in Quincy, but it%26#39;s going to be at least $40. Then, there%26#39;s the issue of whether the driver knows Quincy. I used to have many people visit my office off of Furnace Brook, and they seldom did. I usually vectored them in.





Funny story: A colleague from out of town got a cab from the airport. The driver looked in Thomas Bros., and said no problem. They drove around Quincy for what my friend represented as a long time. Finally, my friend said, ';Hey, there%26#39;s a Quincy cab. Let%26#39;s ask him.'; While the drivers were shouting at each other, my friend quietly got out of the cab, went around and got in the other one, leaving $25 on the seat.




The chances are slim that a Boston Cabbie will know his way around Quincy. Best to bring directions. All the red line stops in Quincy will have cabs eager to get your business.




Bingo.




Hi,





I%26#39;d budget for at least $40-$50 for a taxi, plus a tip.




According to taxi fare finder, a trip from South Station to Downtown Quincy is around $37. $39 to the Quincy Marriott. I would take the Red Line to Quincy at $2 each.




Sounds like the redline is really the way to go. Thanks all for the info.




just curious. since i am a drive myself or take the T kind of person...do Taxis use GPS systems nowadays?




I think it is more like the jedi force than a gps system.





I know there is a push to get them to use fastlane.




I%26#39;ve been in cabs where the driver has to consult a map if we%26#39;re both unsure how to get somewhere, but no GPS systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment